CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Kids

Where to start?

TWINS: Busy bees. They are non-stop. They turn 2 tomorrow. I keep waiting for them to get easier, but it hasn't yet, if anything harder. They are independent, know what they want, and how to get it. Brielle has her big smile, Ashlyn has her sweet voice.

I started to potty train because they seemed interested. I started them together thinking it would be easier. Nothing is easier with twins, why would I think otherwise?! Brielle was the first one to go, Ash was being scared. I asked other twin moms for advice and they thought doing one at a time was best. We bought some cute little pink frog toilets and Elmo potty time, we were set. After a few days of cleaning up accident after accident, decided we'd take a break. Now Brielle isn't really showing an interest and Ashlyn likes to be naked all day. Ashlyn will either say she needs to go pee pee on elmo (toilet seat) or will pee on the frog. If I am not right there to get the pee, she'll bring it to me. I was trying to read on the couch (funny I know) and she was bringing it and tripped on a pillow and woops, the pee went all over me. So fun, I know.

LYDI LOU: Sassy. Big helper. Loud. Her preschool graduation is this Saturday. She will be in kindergarten in the Fall. She acts shy for a minute but once you get her talking, she is a chatter box (wonder where she gets that from)! She loves to play with her cousins, be outside, and be the boss. She is always telling Ethan what and how to do everything. He acts annoyed, but I think he needs the direction sometimes.

ETHAN: Almost 8. He still loves his video games, his new favorite computer games are poptropica and monkey quest. He says when he turns 9, he wants a poptropica party. Umm, okay. For his 8th bday he wanted a diary of a wimpy kid party. We'll see. He is getting baptized on his birthday, June 4th. Pretty cool.

Well, besides going crazy, I am loving being out of school for the summer. It is nice keeping up on laundry and cooking for my man once in a while. The day of my last post (March 11) Jared broke his collar bone. He had broken it once before and it just snapped right where it healed last time. He has a killer scar from his surgery. He took 6 weeks off of work and is now working more than ever. I miss his help around here. We are celebrating our 10 year anniversary (May 19) with a couples massage. So excited. We want to go to Cabo sometime, just haven't planned it yet. I am doing the UV 1/2 marathon on June 11th. I don't know what I was thinking. Oh well. Something to cross off the bucket list. Well, it is time to run, fun to be lazy and write a blog post. We'll see if I can do it once a week, I can hear you laughing now. Ha ha.

2 comments:

The Chattertons said...

Thanks for the update! So excited to see you guys in just a couple days! Lots of Love!

C and T & Co. said...

I like this idea. I may borrow it in the next couple of weeks! Thanks!